Best Cordless Finish Nailer: Top 5 Picks and Unbiased Reviews
Being a family guy means tons of responsibilities. You have to be a husband, father, teacher and a lot of things at the same time. You also got to save a lot of money as well.
However, when it comes to certain works, people tend to hire someone instead of working all by themselves. Let’s say you’re fixing your cabinet, or maybe your furniture needs some touch-ups.
You can fix your things all by yourself if you have some important tools. And when it comes to tools, I don’t probably need to tell you why having a cordless finish nailer is important.
No, seriously, maybe you’re just an average family guy, or maybe you’re a furniture professional. Either way, you’ll find the best cordless finish nailer to be handy.
Why will you waste your money by hiring someone if you can fix your furniture all by yourself?
And if you’re a professional, I think I can have my lips zipped, because you probably know how a good finish nailer can help you up to take your profession to heights.
You can perform all your DIYs by using a good nailer, but trust me, if you want to find the best cordless nailer, you might want to borrow Jack Sparrow’s telescope.
Or you can take my advice. Since I did all my researches on finish nailers, I might be able to help you find the best cordless finish nailer.
- Best Cordless Finish Nailer Reviews
- Final Words
Best Cordless Finish Nailer Reviews
In this section, I am going to review some of the best cordless finish nailers unbiasedly. Please go through these reviews before you make up your mind so that you don’t end up buying the wrong one. Let’s see what I got for you.
1. Dewalt DCN660D1
- Tool-free selectable trigger for sequential or contact...
- Tool-free jam release to quickly and easily clear nail...
- Easy to use
- Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a...
I don’t think I have to tell you much about Dewalt. This giant is widely known in the world for its amazing tools. And when it comes to nailers, it always comes with models that have a lot of things to offer.
If you have experience with nailers, you’ll know that spending money on the nailer itself won’t be the end of it. You’ll need to purchase a compressor, hose, gas cartridges, which may cost you a fortune.
Why waste your money when you have Dewalt DCN66OD1 right in front of your hands? This nailer doesn’t need all those extra hose, compressor and cartridge to be operated. It simply runs by using its powerful battery. Since you don’t have to purchase all those things, you save yourself a lot of money. So, imagine, you’re using your nailers, and you’re completely focused on your work. Within a few minutes, you run out of nails. It will mess with all your focus and work. Customers often face this problem, and what is the reason? It’s because the magazine cannot hold enough number of nails in it. The cheap ones hold 30 to 50 nails at max.
With Dewalt DCN66OD1, you’ll have a new experience in nailing. The magazine holds 110, 16-gauge nails in it. With so many nails around, you can have your job done easily.
Now, here’s something I like about this model from Dewalt. It has got a warning label and an arrow that let you know that you might be running out of nails. It is an impressive feature which most nailers lack.
In the marketplace, you’ll have nailers that have either sequential mode or contact actuation (also known as bump firing) mode. But this one is an exception. This model has both modes inside it so that you can switch to the one you need most.
If you want the nails to land right on the place you want them to land on, you might want to fire them nice and slow. For this, you can select the sequential mode. If you’re in a rush, you can use the contact actuation mode for rapid-fire. However, either way, the nails will sink perfectly as they make perfect penetration.
Sometimes the nails get jammed inside the nailer, and it’s not something you can avoid. If the nails get jammed, you’ll have to struggle to get them removed. You’ll have to use a wrench, screwdriver, and what not.
Save the hassle and rely on this nailer instead. It comes with a tool-free jam release mechanism that will let you remove the nails easily. Just open it and remove the nails, and you’re done.
So, let’s say you’re working and suddenly for some reason, the lights are out. What will you do? Will you stop working? Dewalt team doesn’t want you to go through such issues; therefore, this model comes with LED multi-purpose lights.
If you work in a dark place, just turn the LED lights on, and within a few seconds, you’ll see your workplace is bright enough to let you work comfortably.
When it comes to the voltage, the device won’t disappoint you a bit. The maximum initial battery voltage you’re getting is about 20 volts, while the normal one is 18. So, power up your nailer and get to work.
- There’s no need for you to purchase a compressor, hose and gas cartridge. The device is fully battery operated and doesn’t need any of these things. As a result, you save a lot of money.
- The magazine holds up to 110 nails in it, allowing you to hold a large number of nails in it compared to others.
- It has got a selective trigger so that you can choose from sequential mode or contact actuation mode.
- With a tool-free jam release mechanism, you get to remove the jammed nails very easily.
- The multi-purpose LED light lets you work even under the dark.
- The powerful battery backs you up with 20 volts at max for initial battery voltage. For normal one, you’re getting 18 volts, which will keep your device powered up all the time.
2. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Nailer Kit, 18GA
- NO COMPRESSOR NEEDED: This cordless brad nailer is...
- CONSISTENT DRIVING DEPTH: Our depth adjustment wheel...
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: A tool free release lever, jam...
- BETTER RUNTIME: Included 1.5 Ah 20Volt MAX Lithium ion...
- 3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: PORTER CABLE will repair,...
So, let’s say you’ve bought a typical nailer. Now, you’ll need the compressor, hose and gas cartridges. Without these, you won’t be able to operate it, will you?
Now, when it comes to the compressor, the thing itself needs a lot of power. The hose? There’s no need to bring extra hassle. Besides, all these extras mean you need to pay for extra.
So, it’s not only the nailer you’re spending on, but it’s also the compressor, hose and gas cartridges (which are pretty expensive to deal with).
Push away all these things and get yourself Porter-Cable 20v Max cordless nailer. You can power it up using its battery. You won’t be needing any compressor, hose, or all those gas cartridges that cost you a fortune.
When it comes to functionality, the cheap nailers may disappoint you. You need the nails to sink properly on the surface where you’re nailing on, right? Unfortunately, when you’re dealing with cheap nailers, the nails do not sink properly, this will leave you disappointed.
This nailer will make sure you can avoid such problems. It comes with a depth-adjustment wheel, that lets you countersink the nails consistently in a proper way.
Besides, it doesn’t matter if you’re dealing with a surface made of hard material. Hardwood, plywood, board, you name it, you get to have consistent firing power which can deal with various materials and climate conditions, thanks to the motor design the product comes with.
When your device is fully charged, sinking about 1000 nails in one go is just a piece of cake for this beast. Not bad for a cordless finisher that comes at such an affordable price.
I know how you feel if the nailer you’re using has too much weight. Lifting it will give you a hard time. There’s no way you can work with such nailers. No worries; this nailer weighs only 5.9 pounds making it easy for you to lift it and work with ease and comfort.
So that you can take your comfort zone to the peak, the nailer comes with multiple tool-free settings. You can reduce user fatigue and experience user comfort in multiple positions, thanks to the optimal center of gravity.
Trouble working in dark places? No problem, this nailer has got you covered. With dual LED lights function, you can light up your workspace very easily. It will also indicate to you if there’s an error. Ultimately, you have a top-notch, next-gen product.
- You won’t be needing any compressor, hose or expensive gas cartridges to operate this nailer. As a result, you get to have a hassle-free experience and save your money.
- The depth-adjustment wheel along with the motor helps you sink the nails properly, even on hard surfaces.
- If the nailer is fully charged, you can fire up to 1000 nails in one go.
- The nailer weighs only 5.9 pounds, so it’s easy to lift.
- With the multiple tool-free settings and optimal center of gravity, you get to reduce user fatigue and experience user comfort in multiple positions.
- You can even work with your nailer when it’s dark, thanks to the dual LED lights function it comes with.
3. DEWALT DC618K XRP 18-Volt Cordless Nailer
- Engine design allows the tool to work as fast as the...
- Sequential operating mode allows for precision...
- Easy access to the nosepiece for the removal of jammed...
- Contact Trip Lock-Off allows trigger to be disabled...
- Integrated LED lights for long life and durability;...
If you think Dewalt is the brand for you, but you want to look for a different model, you can try Dewalt DC618K. Unlike any other, it has a lot of things to offer that makes it different.
When you’re going to buy a typical nailer, you have to spend some extra cash on compressor, hose and expensive gas cartridges. As a result, the overall cost can be a burden for you as it’s not just the nailer itself.
You can save a lot of money and hassle if you try Dewalt DC618K. With this nailer around, you don’t have to buy any compressor, air hose or any cartridge to operate it. It’s really simple to use and easy to operate. It has got an 18-volt battery, which is, of course, can be recharged after the battery is dead.
To make sure you get all the user comfort and good balance, the engine design lets you work fast on both soft and hard joints consistently.
That being said, you might get disappointed with the typical nailers. If your nailer can’t shoot the nails with extra force, the nails won’t sink properly into the surface you’re working on.
This nailer makes sure the nails get dipped in completely no matter how hard or soft of a surface you’re dealing with. Sinking the 16-gauge finish nails is just a piece of cake. It doesn’t matter whether you’re dealing with hardwood, plywood, softwood, or other sheet materials, the nails can penetrate through anything.
You’ll have two modes when it comes to speed. You can go either for ‘sequential’ mode that fires the nails one-by-one or the high-speed ‘bump firing’ that fires up to 5 nails in one second rapidly for faster production work.
Does the nailer you’re using, run out of nails very quickly? Imagine how a soldier will feel if his gun runs out of bullets quickly. Both nailers and guns have one thing in common; magazine.
The more the magazine capacity, the more nails the nailer will hold. Typical nailers cannot hold, let’s say, more than 50 to 60 nails. As a result, you run out of nails very fast.
This nailer is an exception. It can hold 120 nails, so there’s no chance you’re going to run out of nails anytime soon.
Do you have trouble with jammed nails? Sometimes, the nails get jammed, and you have to struggle to remove it. Well, you won’t have to face this problem with this nailer around.
The tool comes with an accessible nose piece. You can easily remove the jammed nails very fast without using a wrench or screwdriver.
Who doesn’t want to work with comfort? Ask yourself, does the nailer you’re using give you the comfort zone you deserve? If you’re finding it hard to lift and it doesn’t have an LED light system, it needs to go.
I’m going to be pretty honest with you, yes, this nailer has a bit of weight as it comes with 8.5 pounds. However, it is still light enough so that you can lift it easily and work with convenience.
Besides, from now on, you’ll be able to work even under the dark or shadow. The nailer boasts integrated LED lights, which will come very handy if the lights are out, and you still need to get your work done.
Anyways, so overall, I think if you want to go for something durable, functional and easy to work with, you can try this model from Dewalt.
- There’s no need for you to purchase any compressor, hose, or expensive gas cartridges to operating this nailer. As a result, you’ll be able to save a lot of money.
- You’ll be able to work fast on both soft and hard joints consistently, thanks to its engine design.
- You’ll be able to sink 16-gauge finish nails in plywood, hardwood, softwood and sheet materials.
- You can switch to ‘sequential’ mode to fire the nails one by one, or you can try speed ‘bump firing’ that fires the up to 5 nails in one second to increase your productivity.
- With the accessible nose piece, you can easily remove the jammed nails.
- It’s lightweight, easy to handle and comes with LED light functions. All these features will ease up your work.
4. Ryobi P854 ONE Plus 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 2 in. Brad Nailer Kit
- Included in this kit: One P320 cordless nailer; One...
- AirStrike technology provides cordless convenience,...
- Single sequential actuation mode for precision...
- Grip-light technology engages LED by grasping the tool...
- This tool works with 18V Batteries: P100, P102, P103,...
My next pick is the Ryobi P854 18V cordless nailer. If you want functionality and durability, this can be your best pick.
No, you don’t have to worry a bit about fuel cell, nitrogen chamber or purchasing hose or compressor. The nailer can easily be operated without all these extra hassles.
With the AirStrike technology around, you’ll get the cordless convenience. Unlike others, the Airstrike technology doesn’t have anything to do with an internally stored supply of nitrogen to pressurize the piston.
Rather, it makes sure that ambient air gets drawn into the nailer so that it can compress the air to power up the driver's head. As a result, there’s no need for a compressor or a bulky air hose.
Functionality matters a lot, and when it comes to nailers, functionality is all you need most importantly. The typical nailers can come at a lower price, but it won’t back you up with the power you need when it comes to sinking your nails.
Well, you can rely on Ryobi P854. It has got a diagnostic charger that teams up with an 18v, 24Wh (1.3Ah) lithium-ion battery. With this powerful battery around, you can sink up to 700 nails if your battery is all juiced up.
So, you’re using your nailer, and it suddenly runs out of nails. You reload it, and within a few minutes of working, it runs out of nails again. If this goes on, it can get on your nerves.
You can avoid this situation by getting a nailer, which has more magazine capacity. Ryobi P854 is the perfect catalyst for you. The magazine holds up to 105 nails so that you won’t be running out of nails very fast.
The mag carrier and its cover are made of heavy-duty plastic, which is resistant to impact. This plastic is durable, and you don’t need to worry about rust a bit. Also, they’re lightweight and less expensive, which surely is a plus for you.
Jammed nails? Say goodbye to those days when you used to use wrench and screwdrivers to get rid of jammed nails. This nailer has got you covered with its all-metal nose that comes with a quick-release latch. With these features around, you can remove the jammed nails very easily.
For different types of materials, you need to adjust the different types of depth. The depth adjustment for softwood is not the same for hardwood. The nailer comes with a knob, using which, you’ll be able to adjust the depth for the nails to set on. As a result, you can easily shift from one material to another with ease.
Shooting and placing the nails in the correct order is not easy. One wrong move and your nails can get misplaced. With this nailer around, you won’t have any problem regarding the placements.
The nailer comes with both sequential mode and bump fire mode so that you can switch between the two whenever you feel the need. If you want it nice and slow and want your nails to place right at where you want them to be, you should go for the sequential mode. The nails will come one by one and will land in a specific place.
If you’re in a rush, you can simply switch to the bump fire mode so that you can fire the nails fast and get your work done really quick. You can sink up to 60 nails per minute.
- Airstrike technology lets you operate the nailer easily without using compressor, hose or expensive gas cartridges.
- The diagnostic charger along with an 18v,24Wh (1.3Ah) lithium-ion battery, gives you powerful nailing experience. You can sink up to 700 nails when the product is fully charged.
- The magazine can hold up to 105 nails so that you won’t run out of nails anytime soon.
- The mag carrier and its cover are made of heavy-duty plastic, which is resistant to impact. As a result, you can expect the product to last for years.
- With its all-metal nose that comes with a quick-release latch, the nailer can remove all the jammed nails.
- You can switch between both sequential modes and bump mode according to your need to increase or decrease the speed of the nailer.
5. Porter-Cable PCC792LA 20V MAX Cordless Lithium 16GA Straight Finish Nailer Kit
- 100% battery power: Eliminates need for a compressor,...
- Multiple Tool Free Settings: provide increased...
- Motor design: provides consistent firing power into...
- Multiple tool free settings: Provides increased...
- Fastener length capacity of 1" to 2-1/2" and a magazine...
If you like the nailers from Porter-Cable, you might want to have a look at Porter-Cable PCC792LA. Durability, functionality, comfort, the nailer has got it all.
Purchasing hose, compressor, and gas cartridges can cost you a lot of money. Why will you want nailers that need such extra things so that you can operate them?
Get your hands on this nailer from Porter-Cable, instead. It is completely battery operated, and you won’t be needing any extra hose, compressor or gas cartridge. As a result, you get to save your money and save yourself from the extra hassle.
Avoid the cheap nailers as they don’t give you the functionality you deserve. If you cannot sink the nails properly using the nailer you’re having right now, it needs to go in the junk.
Porter-Cable PCC792LA will make sure you don’t face issues when it comes to nailing properly. As you fire the nails, they sink properly on the surface of your wood, thanks to the adjustment wheel it comes with.
While other nailers work for either one or two materials, you can use this nailer on almost anything. Hard materials, plywood, board, hardwood, you name it, the nailer will make sure the nails can penetrate through any type of hard surface, thanks to the consistent firing power.
Do you know what makes this nailer stand out? You can compare your cheap nailer with this one. I bet the one you’re using right now won’t even fire 500 nails even though it's fully charged.
The nailer I’m suggesting you will boggle your mind with its performance. When fully charged, the nailer can fire up to 1000 nails in one go. All you need to do is reload it and fire.
Heavy-weight nailers may look good, but they don’t provide you the comfort zone. You won’t be able to lift the nailer if it is heavy, can you? What worse, you won’t be able to hold it properly and end up nailing bad.
Now, you’ve seen the 18-GA version of the same model in the previous review, right? Well, apart from all other differences, the 16-GA is slightly lighter in weight. This model weighs only 5.7 pounds, so lifting it will be just a piece of cake for you.
There are multiple tool-free settings to back you up with more ease and comfort. It has an optimal center of gravity that will help you to reduce fatigue and experience comfort in multiple positions.
You may face a lot of trouble working in dark places. Imagine you’re working and suddenly the lights are out. To make sure you don’t have to pause your work, the nailer comes with dual LED lights function.
As you work on your workspace, you can have it illuminated using the LED light as they are pretty powerful so that you can see almost everything. If your nailer detects any error, the lights will also notify you about that. So, what’s making you wait to get this high-tech nailer?
- There’s no need for you to purchase hose, gas cartridge, and compressor. As a result, you’ll be able to save a lot of money.
- The nails sink in perfectly even on hard surfaces, thanks to the depth-adjustment wheel and the motor design.
- You can fire up to 1000 nails in one go when your device is fully charged.
- You can easily lift the nailer as its lightweight, only 5.7 pounds.
- The optimal center of gravity will help you reduce fatigue and experience comfort in multiple positions.
- With dual LED lights function around, you can work perfectly even under the dark.
Can I use cordless finish nailers for framing?
Ans. Well, even though the finish nailer can penetrate through hard objects, but if you want to go for framing, you’ll need a more powerful tool.
You’ll find framing nailers in your nearest shop. They are completely different from finish nailers. However, if you think you are in an urgency, you can use the finish nailer sometimes for framing jobs, but not always because it might damage the nailer.
Do all finish nailers need a compressor?
Ans. You’ll need compressors only for the pneumatic finish nailers. The ones I listed above do not need any compressor at all. They run by batteries, and some nailers run by a combustion chamber as well.
What type of finish nailer should I use?
Ans. It depends on you, to be honest, some users like using the 16-gauge angled ones, while the others use 15-gauge angled finish nailers. Though the 15-gauged ones are more popular compared to others, they all are useful for specific applications.
So, set your priority and choose wisely.
Still giving it a second thought whether you’re going to buy these nailers or not?
If you think you want to go for the cheaper ones, you can try them. But don’t blame anyone if you don’t find the features you’ve been looking for the best performance.
I tried to provide you all the information to make sure you can buy the best cordless finish nailer. You can ask any professional, and he’ll agree with me that these are the best ones in the market.
So, don’t stress yourself, rather do your homework. Afterward, set your priorities and choose the one you need.