Searching best professional chainsaw for cutting firewood may bloom confusion in your mind. The types, blade sizes, cutting capacity, design, structure, etc. of different devices are confusing. We are here to give you a clear concept of choosing the right power tool for cutting the woods for fireplaces.
The first confusion is the type of chainsaw. Gas-powered, cordless, and corded electric are the types of cutting chain saws available at the market. You can use any chainsaws for chopping the firewood. But there is something you should know about the classes.
- Gas-powered chainsaws are the most efficient and capable of doing the heavy-duty cutting. These machines run with gas and can produce massive power of the blade. You can use these machines for a long time. From thin to thick, you can chop any trees down with these saws. Even they can cut the timbers faster and smoother. But gas-powered create a lot of noise. Even they are heavier than other chainsaws.
- Cordless chainsaws run with battery power. You can recharge the batteries to reuse the saw. There is no need to fill the gas tank or connecting the device to a power source. These rechargeable chainsaws are designed to work with motors having brushes. As they do not have any gas containers, they are incredibly lightweight. You can carry them easily with the handle. However, there are also issues with these chopping machines. These are not so effective, like gas-powered saws. Even you may need to recharge the batteries frequently.
- Corded electric chainsaws are almost the same as cordless devices. But they do not have any battery or gas chamber to fill in. You can operate the device quickly by connecting it to an electric source. It can save your time of recharging batteries. These tools also offer excellent motility, but you can take them till the cord remains connected. The ability of these chainsaws is almost the same as cordless.
Chainsaw size is the second confusing matter. The size can let you know how more sweeping trees you can cut with it. So, you should think about the trees’ width and then choose the right equipment for chopping it down. Usually, most of the chainsaws are 14-20” in size though you can have bigger sizes. Suppose you want to slice 14-16” wide average size tree, the size would be at least 2” more like 16-18”. Again, you cannot cut 20-22” tree with 18” chainsaw. Be careful about sizing before selecting one. For cutting firewood, 16-18” is enough for you.
Cutting capacity can also be different in versatile models. Some can produce heavy cutting speed, some moderate. You need to keep in mind that heavy speedy chainsaw may get hot sooner. In gas-powered devices, capacity is higher but requires to feel in the fuel faster. Again, they can make noise while slicing lumbers at great speed. However, the capacity depends on the type of machine. The strength of the motor, energy consumption, etc. also determines the chain’s velocity.
Weight, structure, design, etc. are also essential facts. Portable chainsaws are suitable for working in a large garden or forest. You can move with them. Corded devices are suitable for the consistent cutting experience. The building structure, design also show you the sturdiness of the chainsaws.
Wait, do not be upset about all these confusing terms. We are here to announce to you the best professional chainsaw firewood in detail. We have been reviewing different useful household tools. We checked the local as well as online stores to list ten powerful chainsaws. Let us continue to the next important part:
- Best Professional Chainsaw for Cutting Firewood
- 1. Makita EA4300F40B 16″ 42 cc Chain Saw
- 2. Makita XCU03Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14″ Chain Saw
- 3. EGO Power+ CS1400 14-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chainsaw
- 4. Greenworks PRO 16-Inch 80V Brushless Chainsaw
- 5. EGO Power+ CS1604 16-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Chainsaw
- 6. Worx WG322 20V Power Share Cordless 10-inch Chainsaw
- 7. Husqvarna 18 Inch 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
- 8. Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- 9. Husqvarna 16 Inch 440e II Gas Chainsaw
- 10. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Chainsaw
Best Professional Chainsaw for Cutting Firewood
You can find many alternatives to these firewood chainsaws. But not all of them are as good as our selected chainsaws. The reasons are explained in each product review:
1. Makita EA4300F40B 16″ 42 cc Chain Saw
Makita is a century-old company to build many types of power, outdoor tools, and accessories. So, unconditionally we have kept one of their favorite products in our choices. The 16” chainsaw is fantastic equipment to slice the firewood into the right sizes and shapes. Pine, maple, walnut- whatever you want; you can cut them with the sharp 16” blade.
Makita EA4300F40B chainsaw comes with an integrated 42cc gas container. The smoothness of this gas-powered can easily blow your mind. This 42cc is adequate for chopping down firewood trees. The spring-assisted easy start feature enables turning it faster without any hassle. After turning it on, you can stop the chain’s rotation with the two-point mechanical chain brake. It also offers you safety during the activities.
The structural design of this 42cc chainsaw appears more convenient for lateral chain tensioning. You can adjust the chain of the device with this feature. It has a 16” reversible sprocket nose bar. You can keep the shining and performance to the top with the oil retaining feature added to the bar. Besides, the giant metal spike bar cuts down the project time into half.
If you are thinking about the application of this chainsaw, it scores the topmost too. The tool-less filter access can help you maintain the health of this chopping tool. While you keep cutting firewood in the right sizes, the easy-clean chain compartment may keep the chips away. So, you can get what you wanted first. There is also touch & stop single lever for its brilliant application. This lever can turn off the engine when you touch it. The whole unit weighs only 13.64 pounds.
Features to Note:
- Lightweight, compact design with high accuracy
- 16” efficient chainsaw with 42cc fuel capacity
- Reversible 16” sprocket nose bar with more giant metal spike bar
- Oil retaining feature for easy lubrication of the chain and bar
- Tool-less filter access for hassle-free maintenance
- Single touch & stop lever for instant shut-off of the engine
- Weight: 13.64 pounds
2. Makita XCU03Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 14″ Chain Saw
Just another wonderful Makita product we are adding to our chainsaw reviews. This time we are showing you the greatness of XCU03Z cordless, battery-powered chain saw. It is a match-winning performer in slicing the average wide trees. The powerful 18V LXT lithium-ion batteries provide almost the same efficacy to the 32cc gas-powered saw. So, why are you waiting to prepare the oak, maple, ash, etc.?
Many professional landscapers and foresters prefer battery chainsaws over gas ones. So, this Makita 36V is also a good choice. It has an outer rotor BL brushless motor. Its direct-drive system boosts the cutting capacity and efficiency of the device. The 14” guide bar of this chainsaw is capable of cutting and felling small to trees. The variable speed trigger options of 0-3, 940 fpm enables versatile but simpler application.
The metal bucking spikes make the work easier. You can cut tougher material with this. The tool-free access eliminates the redundancy of changing and maintaining the chain of the saw. You can do it by pushing the spring-loaded lever, swinging and turning it to loosen. The performance of the chainsaw is also as good as its maintenance. As it runs on battery, you will get runtime depending on the wood diameter and types.
In this model XCU03Z, there are a couple of improvements like the position of the batteries and D-handle. Inputting the batteries is also flexible and friendly to any user. There are also rooms for safety measures as you are about to use a sharp saw. The auto power-off function automatically disables the machine when you delay the application. The built-in LED on-off switch also helps to control the chainsaw perfectly.
Features to Note:
- 36V LXT lithium-ion brushless chainsaw with no cords
- 14” guide bar with variable trigger options of 0-3, 940 fpm
- Metal bucking spikes for performing light to heavy-duty tasks
- Tool-free access for excellent maintenance
- Built-in LED on-off switch with auto power-off function
- Weight: 10.38 pounds
3. EGO Power+ CS1400 14-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chainsaw
If you are a newbie or DIYer looking for a power tool to collect firewood, this Ego Power+ CS1400 56V cordless chopping machine is for you. It is not as mighty as gas-powered, but it is more flexible and welcoming to operate and complete any wood-cutting jobs.
The ergonomics of this 14” chainsaw is user-friendly with proper weight distribution, including a superb handle. It has 56V lithium-ion battery power to give you increased runtime. The battery slot is located under the handle in a side-loading position. This placement helps to control the whole unit well. Usually, the runtime can be 40-60 minutes on average.
The brushless motor produces 6300 rpm. Again, the 14” Oregon bar and thin kerf chain remain consistently active and sharp for cutting the next timber. CS1400 also has an automatic lubricating system that keeps the bar and chain always lubed up. It prevents the device from getting overheat. It consists of a 5-ounce oil reservoir with an oil level indicator. So, you can quickly learn about the condition of the oil level.
Operating the 56-volt chainsaw is time-saving and effortless. You can grip the wide, bigger handle well. Even you can get good horizontal cuts due to the design of the saw. You need to press the lock-off switch and pull the trigger to turn the machine on. The chain kickback brake gives extra safety measures while running it. The chain tensioning knob is also there to change the slack of the chain depending on your needs. Moreover, the debris rejection system keeps the workspace free of clutters.
Features to Note:
- Brushless motor producing 6300 rpm
- 14” Oregon wide bar and thin kerf chain
- 40-60 minutes runtime with approx. 40 minutes charging
- User-friendly handle and structure design
- Usable in any weather, lasts longer
- The automatic lubrication system keeps device ready-to-use
- Weight: 8.3 pounds
4. Greenworks PRO 16-Inch 80V Brushless Chainsaw
Greenworks have been very significant in following cutting edge technology such as 16” 80V brushless chainsaw. You are just a couple of minutes away to prepare woods for the fireplace. Not only for cutting firewood, but you can also chop down any trees with this machine.
CS80L211 chainsaw consists of a 16” guide bar with metal bucking spikes. These spikes are certainly sharp and sturdy enough to give you a clean cut. From thin to medium size firewood trees are suitable to cut with this brushless chainsaw. You can get 120 cuts with a full charge. You can also get calm and quiet operation till the job finishes.
The wrap-around handle design distributes the weight of the device properly. There is an automatic oiling system inside the battery-powered chainsaw. It keeps the bar and chain fit and fine all the time. So, there is no chance of rust or damages to the guide bar.
When you are done with cutting or about to cut the wood, you can check the oil level at any time. It is because the oil tank is transparent. You can adjust the chain stress with side-adjust chain tensioning for the versatile cutting experience. The electronic chain brake assists in controlling the movement of the chainsaw. The whole unit weighs less than 13 pounds. However, Greenworks offer a 4-year tool and 2-year battery warranty with this product.
Features to Note:
- 16” guide bar with metal bucking spikes
- 80V 2Ah battery provides 120 cuts in average
- Wrap around handle with ergonomic portable design
- Transparent oil tank with an automatic oiler
- Electronic chain brake for premium safety
- Weight: 12.80 pounds
5. EGO Power+ CS1604 16-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Chainsaw
Ego Power+ CS1604 is ranking top at the market. It is the aptest selection if you are in search of a handy chainsaw. It has more power, chopping capacity, and 300 cuts per charging ability. You would love to smoothly cut the oak, pine, maple, and other firewood with this outdoor machine. We always love to review the Ego Power+ cordless chainsaws.
In case you are an old user of gas-powered tools, we suggest you have a CS1604 battery chainsaw. It works equal or even sometimes better than gas chainsaws. It is powered with a 56-volt lithium-ion 5Ah powerful battery (40 minutes charging time). With this energy, its 16” Oregon guide bar can pierce wood at 6800 rpm. This is a comparably more immense volume than other portable chainsaws.
The whole unit has a sturdy construction that lets you use in any weather conditions. The brushless motor produces sufficient spins but never creates noise, fuss, or sparks for fire. The fully automatic lubrication system keeps the bar and chain greased to prevent any damages. Besides, the integrated oil inspection window gives you information about the oil level. You can also fix the tension of the chain with the tensioning knob.
Safety measures in CS1604 16” cordless chainsaw are also satisfactory. You can pause the running device with the chain kickback brake. You also get one unit of battery and charger with the product. This chainsaw weight 13.57 pounds with the battery.
Features to Note:
- 5Ah 56V high-quality battery with brushless motor
- 16” Oregon bar with 6800 rpm speed of the chain
- Approx. 280 hours nominal battery watt-hours
- Weather-resistant construction for long term applications
- Chain tension adjustment and kickback brake for superior control
- Automatic lubrication system with oil inspection window
- 5 years product warranty
- Weight: 13.57 pounds
Firewood, its branches, stems – whatever you want to cut, Worx WG322 small but mighty chainsaw can be a smart choice for you. This is the ultimate solution of any common, light to medium backyard chainsaw projects. It offers the user flexibility of use in cutting and felling down the trees.
It fills the needs with 20V PowerShare battery and 12-amp motor. It may seem less, but to be honest, this voltage is enough for regular firewood arranging. You will get a charger for extra backup with the fast charging of the battery. The battery indicator will show the amount of juice left. You can use a 40V battery with a WG322 cordless model. Worx uses the same batteries in its other products, such as Jawsaw.
In Worx WG322, you get 10” long bar with fast chain speed. The manufacturer claims that the chain has a high speed of 12.5 fps. This speed can separate any average size timber within moments. The automatic, tool-free access keeps the health and tension of the chain up to date. Again, auto-lube system prevents the chain from any clogs.
The significant part of the chainsaw is it is extremely portable. The product weighs only 6.2 pounds; probably you will feel carrying a 2liter bottle filled with water. The vibration-absorbing double handles distributes the weight thoroughly. You will feel no pain running the machine for longtime.
Features to Note:
- 20V PowerShare battery with a 12-amp motor
- Battery indicator for marking juice level
- 10” long bar with fast 12.5 fps chain speed
- Automatic tension and lube system
- Two vibration-absorbing handles for proper weight distribution
- Weight: 6.2 pounds
7. Husqvarna 18 Inch 460 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
Husqvarna has a long history of making a garden and outdoor stuff. Their triple centuries experience has helped them to craft things like 18” 460 rancher gas chainsaws. It is designed in such a way that professionals, as well as the DIYers, will also love it. It is suitable for cutting, pruning the firewood.
This model has 3.62 hp with high torque over a wide pm range. It runs with oil and gasoline mixture but consumes the least fuel. Besides, it makes the device environment friendly. The exhaust emission lead is relatively reduced (almost 60%) for the engine’s X-Torq technology. The centrifugal air cleaning system gives the machine an extended lifespan.
460 Rancher has a robust construction that can handle versatile cutting and shaping jobs. It has a long 18” bar to chop any size from thin to thick trees and fell them down. This professional chain saw starts with a smart start feature. It means you need to pull two times on a full choke to start the backyard tool.
The low-vib anti-vibration dampeners reduce vibration while you are penetrating the bar inside the log or tree. The lower kickback and inertia activated chain brake prevent insecurity of using a power tool. The side-mounted chain tensioning system can help you reduce or increase the chain’s tension—further, auto-oiler supplies oil to the bar and chain inadequate amount to keep them oiled. You can use the quick-release air filter for maintenance and replacement.
Features to Note:
- X-Torq 2-stroke 3.62 hp engine and 18” longer bar
- Reduced use of fuel with lower emission
- The smart start feature helps to turn on the devices easily
- Low-vib anti-vibration for reduced vibration
- Lower kickback and exclusive chain brake for good control
- Side-mounted chain tension system and automatic oiler
- A good replacement gas-powered chainsaw
- Weight: 12.80 pounds
8. Poulan Pro 20 in. 50cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
Poulan Pro PR5020 Gas chainsaw fulfills all the needs of the wood cutting power tool. It has the longest bar of 20” placed in our reviews. This length is supportive of cutting any size trees like oak, maple, pine, etc. It is an entirely professional chainsaw for cutting firewood. Yet you can surprise your friends with its capabilities.
It has a 2-stroke 50cc gas engine. The OxyPower technology of the engine gives satisfying conversion of fuel to power. Even the chances of emissions go down at 70%. So, the environment and obviously your health remains safe and secure. Another thing, you can save 20% more money for lower fuel consumption.
The spring-assisted Effortless Pull-Start System (EPS) keeps away the troubles of starting the device. You will need 30% less force to turn on the machine with minimal cord-pulling effort. The combined choke and stop control quickly start the engine. It also reduces the chances of engine flooding. After you start the engine, the purge bulb will give fuel to the carburetor.
The design of the unit, including these above technologies, meets standard quality. Having so massive guide bar, it weighs only 17 pounds. You can maintain the condition of the backyard tool with the combi tool. You will get two years of product warranty.
Features to Note:
- 20” long bar for heavy-duty carpentry
- 50cc 2-stroke OxyPower gas engine with increased fuel to power conversion
- 70% fewer carbon emissions and 20% less fuel consumption
- Effortless pull-start system (EPS) for effortless starting and controls
- Choke and stop control combination for engine flooding reduction
- User-friendly handle and proper weight distribution of the whole unit
- Weight: 17 pounds
9. Husqvarna 16 Inch 440e II Gas Chainsaw
We have found another Husqvarna gas chainsaw that does more than a simple chainsaw. 16” 440e power chainsaw is good for professionals as well as the homeowners. If you are searching for cutting and sizing firewood, its new X-cut chain, X-force bar of 16 inches, would be a better choice for you. It is effortless to control and use in different shaping, cutting, and pruning jobs.
Like 460 Rancher, it also has a 40.9cc 2.4 hp X-torq engine. This engine’s specialty is it consumes less fuel, emits less carbon, and produces higher power. You can start the engine instantly with the air purge system. It removes air from the carburetor and immediately turns on the chainsaw engine. The chain speed is 9000 rpm (idling speed 2900 rpm) max. It is enough for any light to heavy-duty applications.
Many users avoid gas-powered tools as they generally create excessive noise and vibration. But Husqvarna is aware of this. 440e is extremely noise-free, so your neighbors will not be disturbed. When you turn it on, it will create fewer vibrations so that you can control it better. Its vibration-proof infrastructure gives you comfy and risk-free sculpting.
It also has an automatic chain oiler and side-mounted chain tensioning system. The chain oiler slowly lubes the chain, whereas you can adjust chain slack with the tensioning system. Therefore, the quick-release air filter helps you to clean and replace the air filter. There are also felling marks for better cutting precision. Remarkably, this 440e chainsaw weighs only 9.8 pounds. You can carry this easily by holding the rear handle.
Features to Note:
- X-cut chain, X-force 16” efficient guide bar
- 40.9cc 2.4 hp X-torq engine for maximum output with less fuel usage
- Smart start with the air purge system
- The idling speed of the chain is 2900 rpm
- Noise and vibration-free device for quiet operation
- Auto chain oiler and chain tensioning system
- Weight: 9.8 pounds
10. Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Chainsaw
Our review ends with the Greenqworks 12” 40V chainsaw. It is a battery-powered lightweight device for cutting woods. It keeps all the ado of cord, gas, oil, and maintenance. We recommend this model for home uses rather than using it for professional purposes.
It has a powerful brushless motor. It can generate ample speed of the chain to infiltrate the soft or firewood. You can turn on the chainsaw by using the electric start option. The on-off control is instantly accessible when you want to use it or stop it. It saves time and requires no pulling of cords like gas-powered devices.
As it is a cordless, 2Ah battery-powered device, it produces less noise and vibration. If you are a professional or DIYer, you should know the benefit of a calm electric device. Greenworks claims that it can offer you 10x least noise and vibration.
The company gives battery and charger free in the package. However, the whole chain saw weighs only 11.58 pounds.
Features to Note:
- 12” 40V chainsaw
- 2Ah battery of supportive power
- Electric start with on-off control
- 10x less noise and vibration
- Battery and charger included in the package
- Weight: 11.58 pounds
It was many years ago people used traditional handmade saws. Those saws took extensive time, effort. But the result was frustrating. Then the bigger companies came forward and had started making chainsaws. These chainsaws have versatility in their structure, design, and capabilities.
Our long review can give the concept of best professional chainsaws for cutting firewood. You can see the differences, ability and functions in this content. However, you should always choose chainsaw depending on your preferences. We wish you get complete information of these 10 topmost products and start shopping.
I started this blog to provide an advanced guide and information to the people to choose the best product. Writing over every part of the tools. I try to cover every type of tool to review and information.