Best Radial Arm Saw: Top 5 Picks and Reviews
So, you’re a carpenter, but you're not able to make the right grooves and cuts on wood?
I know it’s one of the worst nightmares you’ll ever going to face. Carpentry is an art, and if someone says things over your face, that the designs you’re making aren’t good enough, I know how bad it feels.
Yes, I get it, when it comes to making the perfect cuts and grooves, your own accuracy, years of practice and knowledge have a huge role in it.
However, no matter how pro driver you are, you won’t be able to race if your car doesn’t move fast.
Similarly, when it comes to carpentry, if the saw you’re using isn’t good enough or it doesn’t give you the comfort zone as you work for hours, you won’t be able to make the perfect cuts.
What’s the solution then? It’s easy and simple, get rid of your old radial arm saw and get a new one.
There are plenty of radial arm saws in the marketplaces that have got advanced features. However, not all of them can meet up to your mark. As you’re an expert, you’re going to need the best of the bests.
To make sure you can get the best radial arm saw, you can take my hand as I’ll take you to a tour on an amazing journey. With my advice, you’ll be able to find the perfect radial arm saw.
So, why wait any longer? Let’s jump into the reviews.
- 5 Best Radial Arm Saw Reviews
- Which material should I go for while buying a radial arm saw?
- What RPM range is the best?
- Apart from crosscutting, what else can I use a radial arm saw for?
- Are they safe to use?
- Which blade should I choose?
- Is the laser guide important?
- Do all these products above have warranty offers?
- How do I keep the blades away from my kids?
- What’s Now?
5 Best Radial Arm Saw Reviews
Here are top 5 radial arm saws which are famous for their mind-boggling performances. They’re durable, premium and each of them holds their own uniqueness. Give these reviews a read and make your comparison so that you can pick the best one for you.
1. Genesis GMS1015LC 15-AMP 10-Inch
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform...
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes,...
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved...
- Electric brake stops the blade in seconds and Arbor...
- Includes: 60T Carbide blade installed, hold down Clamp,...
From now on, making amazing cuts won’t be a problem. Genesis GMS1015LC has got your back with its top-notch features. If you are a pro carpenter, you should know by now the brand loyalty of Genesis. This model is one of the bests the saw giant has to offer.
Its 15A 120V motor spins the blade at 4600 RPM. This allows you to make compound miter cuts with ease and convenience. You can adjust up to 45 degrees and make powerful cuts at all desirable angles.
The typical saws in the marketplace will do one specific cut for a specific surface. However, as a pro, you should be able to cut many things and make many things.
Well, when it comes to versatility, this radial arm saw is a marvelous choice. Shadow boxes, crown molding, picture frames, you name it, you can use the compound cutting for anything.
Do you know what can ruin your cuts? One wrong move and the whole design can get damaged. Of course, you don’t want that, do you? Even the professionals fail to make seamless cuts sometimes if they’re not using the right tools.
No worries at all even if you don’t know how to improve your accuracy, Genesis GMs1015LC has got you covered. To make sure you get improved accuracy and align your cuts quicker, the saw comes with a laser cutting guide.
With this integrated laser guide, you’ll be able to know where the cuts will be ahead of time. As a result, you don’t ruin the design you’re making. Isn’t it cool?
A radial arm saw, as shiny and amazing as it looks, can be fatal if the blade touches your hands as you make the cuts. And trust me, you don’t expect the cheap saws to halt at the right moment, rather they’ll get to the point of no return.
With this radial arm saw around, you’ll have the best braking system. As soon as you pull the electric brakes, the blade stops right away. For quick blade changes, you’ll also have an Arbor lock.
As for the blade, it’s a 60T 69 tooth carbide which you’ll get installed with the whole set. It’s sharp enough to give you a seamless cut like a breeze. Besides, the blade is durable to withstand the tough situation. As a result, it will last for years.
As for extras, the whole set comes with two extension wings, blade wrench, and two AAA batteries for the laser.
- The 15A 120V motor spins the blade at 4600 RPM which lets you perform seamless grooving and cuts.
- The 69-tooth carbide backs you up with ultimate sharpness to the blade.
- You can use the saw on shadow boxes, picture frames, crown moldings, and many more.
- With the laser cutting guide, you’ll be able to have improved accuracy and quicker alignments.
- As you pull the electric brakes, the blade stops right away during any emergency.
- As bonus features, the set comes with extension wings, blade wrench and two AAA batteries for the laser.
2. Dewalt 12-inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Innovative gearbox and belt drive design increases...
- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides...
- Powerful 15 amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended...
- Exclusive Back Fence design cuts up to 2 by 16...
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10...
You don’t have to ask the brand loyalty of Dewalt. Being one of the leading brands in the saw industry, it has the trust of hundreds of contractors and handymen. And yes, there are good reasons for this though.
With 15 AMP Motor, this radial arm saw lets you groove like a breeze as you make seamless cuts. Now, when it comes to saws, speed, as in the RPM, matters a lot. The more the RPM, the more effective you can cut through things.
Unlike the cheap and typical saws out there in the marketplace, it comes with 3800 RPM motor. As a result, getting extended power and durability won’t be a problem at all.
That being said, with this saw around, you can have one of the highest capacities for cutting as you cut up to 2 x 16 pieces of lumber at 90 degrees. Also, you can switch to 2 X 12 at 45 degrees as well.
If you judge the saw by the outside, you’ll see that the saw is solidly built from stainless steel castings that are resistant to rust and corrosion. As a result, you can use this for years without replacing it with anything.
For seamless cuts, you’ll need to adjust the cut lines; otherwise, you may end up ruining the cut your making on anything. With the typical milter saw you wouldn’t have any solution.
Get your hands on Dewalt instead. It comes with an integrated XPS cross cut positioning system that allows you to adjust the free cut line indication very easily. To increase the vertical cutting capacity, the innovative gearbox and belt drive design will back you up.
When it comes to sawing, accuracy is a must. Even the experts can fall into error with the wrong saw. As a result, productivity decreases simultaneously.
Well, you won’t have any problem maintaining accuracy if you have this durable saw right at your hands. The saw comes with adjustable miter detent plates that are made of heavy-duty stainless steel. These plates have 10 positive stops that help you to improve productivity and increase your accuracy.
You don’t want to go messy as you saw, do you? While sawing, getting dust leftovers is a common problem. Sometimes, you got to have separate trays to collect the dust, and if the matters get worse, you have to struggle with the clean-up after your job is done.
Why don’t you get your hands on the Dewalt 12-inches saw instead? It makes your work experience easier with its super-efficient dust collection system. This feature captures over 75 percent of dust that is generated from sawing and cutting.
As a result, the place you’re working on doesn’t get messy.
- You’ll be able to make grooves like a breeze and seamless cuts, thanks to the 15 AMP Motor with 3800 RPM speed.
- You can cut up to 2 x 16 pieces of lumber at 90 degrees.
- The integrated XPS cross cut positioning system allows you to adjust the free cut line indication very easily.
- The innovative gearbox and belt drive design will back you up to increase the vertical cutting capacity.
- The 10 positive stops will help you to improve productivity and increase your accuracy.
- With its super-efficient dust collection system, you can collect 75 percent of dust that generates due to sawing and cutting. As a result, your place won’t get messy and dusty.
3. Bosch GCM12SD 12-Inch Dual Bevel Saw
- Axial glide system: The patented glide system allows...
- Capacity: expanded cutting capacity 14 inch Horizontal...
- Adjustable: the GCM12SD miter saw provides easy...
- Precision: square lock quick release fences lock fence...
- Ease of use: Upfront bevel Controls all metal bevel...
If you’re still searching for the best arm saw, you should pause on this section as I present to you Bosch GCM12SD 12-inch dual bevel saw. This can be your best bet if you want to have a taste of high-end miter saw at an affordable price.
First off, you won’t be able to ignore its premium look. The combination of blue color that blended in perfectly with the white will actually let you know that this product is unlike any others.
What makes it stand out? Well, you can have wider cross cuts along with better alignment, thanks to the patented Axial glide system. The real advantage of having this feature is that it gives you seamless and smooth cuts since there are no large rails.
It brings us to the blade, motor and speed. As you groove and cut with the perfect alignment, you’ll know that sawing was never easier like this. The 12-inch blade comes with a 15-amp motor that delivers 3800 RPM of amazing speed. It allows you to cut large timbers while you maintain a delicate touch with different angles and perfect accuracy.
This saw, unlike the typical ones, is easily adjustable. You’re going to have a large easy-to-read uniform bevel. Also, there are stainless steel miter scales that come with mark detents and roof pitch angles.
Getting precise control is a must when it comes to sawing. Unfortunately, you won’t find the ‘control comfort’ in a lot of saws out there. However, no worries now as you have Bosch GCM12SD dual bevel saw around.
You’ll able to align the fence 90 degrees with ease and comfort, with the quick release fence, and there’s no adjustment needed at all. For added support, you’ll have one-touch lock/unlock to slide fence.
Safety is a must for every work and when it comes to sawing, you have to take extra precaution. Why? C’mon, you’re dealing with sharp blade stuff.
Bosch uses a sizeable blade cover that keeps the spinning blade away from you, maintaining a safe distance. It doesn’t matter if you’re a lefty or a right-hander, with the locking handle around, you can use this blade in different positions easily.
Besides, the handle comes with a soft-grip, so that you can work with comfort and convenience.
The problem with most saws, as the carpenters complain, is that their blades don’t stop as soon as you pull the brakes. It is a crucial point in case of emergencies.
The saw I’m suggesting you have got electric brakes and as soon as you pull them, it will stop right away. So, if you’re facing any issue like your hand is getting in touch with it and you need to stop it right then, you can do it with ease.
As a carpenter you should know how messy it gets as you keep sawing for hours. Especially when it comes to making cuts on woods, you get those woody powders messing up your place all the time. It can give you a hard time while cleaning the dust.
With this saw around, you can say goodbye to all these hassles. The saw comes with a dust chute and vacuum adapter. These collect 90% of the dust and make sure your place doesn’t become messy.
- The patented Axial glide system will let you experience smooth cuts.
- The blade runs with 3800 RPM with a 15-amp motor. As a result, you can cut large timbers with pure accuracy.
- With the quick-release fence, you’ll be able to align the fence 90 degrees with ease and comfort.
- With the sizeable blade cover around, the spinning blade stays away from you and keeps you safe.
- The electric brake stops the blade right away as you pull it, so this is another safety issue that has been covered.
- The dust chute and vacuum adapter will collect 90% of the dust left-overs, allowing you to have easy clean-up facilities.
4. Dewalt DW715 15-Amp 12-inch Single Bevel
- Includes: a carbide blade, dust bag, blade wrench and...
- Miter detent override that allows you to override the...
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11...
- Tall sliding fences that support crown moulding up to...
- Crosscut capacity up to 2x8-Inch dimensional lumber
If you have trust in the brand Dewalt, you can take a look at the latest Dewalt DW715 as it comes with a lot of innovative upgrades.
When it comes to saw blades, you have to focus on the motor and the speed. The faster the blade, the more effective the cut. Trust me, this saw has crossed the barrier.
While other blades are not fast enough, this one offers you mind-blowing 4,000 RPM speed that is backed up by 15-amp motor. As a result, you get to perform powerful grooves on the wood.
Are you an expert when it comes to sawing? You should know that even though your accuracy depends on you a lot, the other half depends on the tool you’re using. If you’re saw doesn’t back you up by accuracy, no matter how good you’re in this field, you’ll step into mistakes.
So, if you want to hold your reputation as a carpenter who doesn’t compromise accuracy at all, you should get your hands on the Dewalt DW715. It will make sure you get the ultimate accuracy as it supports you with the precise miter system and machine based fence.
Moreover, to improve your productivity and cutting, this durable beast comes with an adjustable stainless-steel miter detent plate that has 11 positive stops. So, when it comes to accuracy, productivity, and smooth cuts, you can wave off all your stress.
One of the most common problems you can face while sawing is, you won’t be able to cut large lumbers. There are a very few saws that can take care of large lumbers like a pro. Dewalt DW715 is one of them.
No matter how thick and large the lumber you’re going to deal with, the saw will take care of it effectively with no problem at all. It can crosscut the lumbers that come with up to 2x8-inches dimension. So, the next time you want a good reason to buy this product, you should take this feature into consideration.
Having hard time with crown moulding? This saw has got your back, so you don’t have to worry a bit. It comes with tall sliding fences to support the crown moulding up to 5-1/4 inch. Moreover, when it comes to nested and base moulding, the saw can take care of up to 6-1/2-inch vertically against the fence.
As for bonus features, the whole set comes with a dust bag, blade wrench, So, you won’t have to spend your money on buying these things separately. For easy portability, it comes with comfortable side handles in the base.
- The 4,000 RPM speed backed up by 15-amp motor lets you perform powerful and effective cuts.
- The precise miter system and machined based fence give you the ultimate accuracy you need.
- With adjustable stainless-steel miter detent plate that has 11 positive stops, you can increase your productivity.
- It can crosscut the lumbers very easily that come with up to 2x8-inches dimension.
- It can support the crown moulding up to 5-1/4 inch and the base moulding up to 6-1/2 inch vertically, thanks to the tall sliding fences the saw comes with.
- As for extras, the product comes with a dust bag and blade wrench. Besides, there are comfortable side handles in the base for easy portability.
5. Hitachi C10FCG 15-AMP
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same...
- 0 to 52 degree miter angle range to the right and left...
- 0 to 45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean...
- 24.2 pounds to facilitate maneuverability and easier...
- 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest...
Your journey on the search for the best saw might end over here with Hitachi C10FCG 15-AMP. I don’t think I need to tell you much about Hitachi. This giant is known worldwide for its high-end products. And this time, it offers you a saw full of functionality and durability.
When it comes to flexibility and effective cuts, you might get disappointed as a lot of saws available in the marketplace will fail to fill your cup. However, with this saw from Hitachi, you can turn the tables completely.
With the 15 AMP motor around, you’ll be able to get the mind-blowing speed and power to deal with the toughest cutting job.
Switch between a versatile number of angles as you make powerful cuts and grooves at the range between 0 to 52 degrees. Right and left, with this model, you can all wooden workpieces. Besides, when it comes to flexibility, it makes it easy for you to work on different projects.
Talking about versatility, eh? There are plenty of saws in the marketplace that is meant for a specific type of wood. The one which can get your job done with flooring projects, may not work well when it comes to trim molding.
With this saw around, you can crosscut all kinds of wood very easily. Lumber for construction projects, hardwoods for furniture builders, flooring projects, rail for cabinet makers, trim molding, you name it, the saw will take all of these with no problem.
Accuracy matters a lot, especially when it comes to making complicated designs and cuts on wood. No matter how expert you are in this field, if your tool isn’t good enough, you can say goodbye to the art.
Hitachi C10FCG 15-AMP comes with clean and accurate bevel cuts ranging from 0 to 45 degrees. For quick miter adjustments, it comes with thumb actuated positive stops.
You’re not going to buy all those heavy-weight saws, will you? They’re going to give you a hard time if you want to carry your tool with you.
Well, unlike other tools out there, Hitachi C10FCG 15-AMP saw makes sure you can handle it with comfort and placing. With 24.5-lbs weight, you can carry it anywhere you want, whenever you want. For accurate precisions, you can tilt the bevel saw with the help of the handle.
If you’re an expert carpenter, you’ll better than you how messy it gets as you saw the woods? To make sure you don’t struggle to clean your mess-up, this saw comes with a dust collection port on the back of the blade shroud. So, from now on, your working place won’t get messy anymore.
- The blade spins super-fast, thanks to the 15 AMP motor. As a result, when it comes to the toughest cutting jobs, you get to deal with them with perfection.
- At the range between 0 to 52 degrees, you’ll be able to make powerful cuts and grooves.
- Unlike others, with this saw around, you can cut all types of woods.
- It comes with clean and accurate bevel cuts ranging from 0 to 45 degrees. With thumb actuated positive stops, you can get quick miter adjustments.
- Since it weighs only 24.5-lbs, you can carry it anywhere with you very easily.
- The dust collection port helps you to collect all the dust-leftovers. As a result, you don’t make your workplace messier.
Which material should I go for while buying a radial arm saw?
Ans. If you want my personal opinion, I would suggest you go for the stainless steel ones. These arm saws got the sharpest blades which can make your work effective.
What RPM range is the best?
Ans. You have to understand, the more the RPM, the better your blades will perform. If you choose a saw that has about 3800 RPM, you’ll be good to go. However, for mind-boggling performance, I suggest the one that has above 4000 RPM range.
Apart from crosscutting, what else can I use a radial arm saw for?
Ans. You can use a radial arm saw for rip stocks or cut bevels and miters, rabbets and dadoes. You can also form moldings, and sometimes you can use it to serve as a guide for a router.
Are they safe to use?
Ans. It is true that radial arm saw comes with very sharp blades and they can lead to accidents, but hey, accidents happen with almost everything. If you use it safely and you did your homework on the dos and don’ts, you won’t face any problem any time soon.
Which blade should I choose?
Ans. To make sure you’re able to make powerful cuts, you’ve to choose the right blade. To make sure you have the right blade, you should look for the number of teeth it has. If your blade has at least 69 cabinet teeth, you’ll have a powerful and effective sawing experience.
Is the laser guide important?
Ans. Not saying that laser guides are mandatory, but if you’re a beginner or you have trouble regarding the accuracy, you should go for the saw that has laser guides. With these, you’ll be able to improve your accuracy over time.
Do all these products above have warranty offers?
Ans. Yes, however, to know about their duration, you’ll have to contact the person you’re buying your saw from.
How do I keep the blades away from my kids?
Ans. There are saw blades that come with blade cover with the whole set. You can use this to cover up the blade so that even if your kid touches it, there won’t be any problem. If your saw doesn’t have blade cover, you contact your seller or get it from the nearest store.
Spending your money on something good isn’t a waste at all. Rather, buying cheap products that get damaged after a few months is a total waste of money.
And when it comes to your business and profession, if you spend your money on something good, it’s just a good investment.
As you’re serious with your profession, as in carpentry, you should pick the best radial arm saw for yourself so that you can make unique grooves and cuts on woods.
To back you up with everything, I tried to introduce the best radial arm saws that have been running hot in the market for years. Do your homework and ask your fellow carpenters about these tools. I’m sure you’ll find the best radial arm saw over here.
Related Resource Loading ....