Best Chainsaw Bar for 2020- Review and details Buying Guide
Probably, you are one of them who are tired of asking pro regarding the best chainsaw bar. If so, this post is written for you!
In today’s creative world, a chainsaw bar is necessary for a creative person. It helps a man in a plethora of businesses. No matter, you are a professional worker or a DIY worker, you need chainsaw bar for satisfying your artistic taste.
The world is now multitasking, so are your chainsaw bar. A specialised chainsaw is used for cutting concrete. Chainsaws are sometimes used for cutting ice for ice sculpture, and in Finland for winter swimming. Someone who uses a saw is a sawyer.
Chainsaw Bar comes with all the expected utility you badly need. But the question arises if you have the fundamental knowledge to pick the best one from the crowd of chainsaw bars to avoid the wastage of your hard-earned money.
Here, in this piece of content, I’m sharing my knowledge to help you in picking the perfect one. So, smile and travel with me!
What is a chainsaw bar?
I know, it’s a very fundamental question for you. Nevertheless, let’s see what it is.
A chainsaw bar is convenient, and robotised saw which cuts with a lot of teeth joined to a pivoting chain that runs along a guide bar. It is utilized in exercises, for example, tree felling, limbing, kicking, pruning, cutting firebreaks in wildland fire concealment, and reaping of kindling. Cutting apparatuses with uncommonly structured bar and chain mixes have been created as instruments for use in cutting apparatus artistry and cutting tool plants.
Best Chainsaw Bar Reviews
Because of the growing demands, chainsaw bars are now being produced by multiple manufacturers. What is a suitable bar as per your personal or professional needs is an important question. In this post, we are going to review some of the trendy brands to help you choose the best chainsaw bar.
1. Husqvarna 531300440: 20-Inch Chainsaw Bar
Husqvarna is one of the leading and trendy brands in the domain of cutting tools. A plentitude of customers leaves their rating on the tool, more specifically, this particular model on the Amazon website. Among the total consumers, 86% of them rated 5-star, while only 3% of them rated 4-star. Read full review---
Getting 5-star from a multitude of consumers is a really worth-mentioning feature of this tool that is enough to convince you to buy this product. I prefer to own it because of its outstanding features.
It is enabled for heavy-duty. That simply means you can take this bar for your construction or other professional heavyweight tasks. It won’t depress you.
The rare combination of durability and lightweight make it preferable to many pro users. Being lightweight will help you use the tool without giving much effort even in unfavourable conditions. Women also love it because of that. Durability will ensure the command.
This 20-Inch saw bar would make it easy to cut a large tree or others. Because of the bar length, you can draw a safe distance with the stuff you are cutting or removing.
Its low vibration won’t give you a chance to complain against Husqvarna 531300440. It produces ignorable vibration giving you expected satisfaction with high-performance.
Generally, professional users have several ranchers for experimenting variety of tasks indoor and outdoor. Husqvarna 531300440 20-Inch bar comes with adaptability. You can use this tool with multiple ranchers including 55Rancher, 257, 261, 262XP, 357XP, 359, 455Rancher and 460.
- It is a 20-inch dedicated bar, and it allows you to cut or trim any branches or log from a safe zone.
- It can fit on the following Husqvarna chainsaws 55Rancher, 257, 261, 262XP, 357XP, 359, 455Rancher, and 460.
- The chainsaw is strong and durable. It lets you do any heavy-duty in any challenging situation.
- It is a high-performance chainsaw with low vibration. Because of that, it is easier to handle.
2. Husqvarna 531300438: 18-Inch Chainsaw Bar
When a tool is made, it’s always not intended for all. Husqvarna 531300438 is made considering all sorts of users – pro and DIYer. This chainsaw bar is another widely believed and proven chainsaw bar from the maker of the renowned Husqvarna company. Read full review....
If you are a professional worker, you must need a strong and durable chainsaw bar that allows you to do many sorts of tasks. Husqvarna understands your needs. They produced Husqvarna 531300438 to meet your every demand. This bar is capable of performing any type of heavy works.
Even for a non-professional worker, Husqvarna 531300438 is the best chainsaw bar in terms of price.
If you think 18-Inch chainsaw bar is enough for you, Husqvarna 531300438:18-Inch Chainsaw Bar is recommended by us. It ensures perfection and good finishing with its dedicated 18-Inch bar.
It has some features that make it popular in the market among users. As it is an 18-Inch chainsaw bar, it is easily manageable in any situation. Beyond that, if you hate to see your machine vibrates during its functions, you should buy this as it creates low vibration.
Many users don’t want to buy another rancher if they already have one. In this case, buying Husqvarna 531300438 would be the right decision. It lets you fit in a wide range of ranchers, including 41, 45, 49, 51, 55, 336, 339XP, 340, 345, 440, 445, and many more. Therefore, we think this tool can be a money-saving decision for you.
- It is adaptable with a variety of ranchers, including 41, 45, 49, 51, 55, 336, 339XP, 340, 345, 440, 445, and many more.
- It renders minimal vibration during functioning what in the long run makes little shake your hands.
- It is made for any sort of heavy performance. So, it can be the best choice for professional workers.
- It is an 18-Inch bar, so easy to handle in any situation.
3. Oregon 27850: 20-Inch Chainsaw Bar
Maybe your complaints against your present saw chain bar make you buy a new one. This 20-inch saw bar hopefully has nothing like that. It features some outstanding quality.
Oregon 27850 is made by the world’s renowned saw chain manufacturer company. Therefore, it is proven among the chainsaw client as a loyal and trusted brand name in markets. Read full review...
The greatest thing of Oregon 20850 20-Inch bar is the addition of AdvanceCut technology to give a newer experience with the saw. This tool is made durable, longer-lasting, and trusted featuring AdvanceCut technology.
If you have got a horrific experience of kickback caused by your rancher and chainsaw bar, we like to suggest you buy Oregon 27850 20-Inch chainsaw bar. You have a good opportunity to renew your experience with it.
Oregon 27850 20 chainsaw bar passed the kickback performance test of ANSI B175.1-2012. Low-kickback saw chain meets the kickback performance requirement of CSA Standard Z62.3.
Along with other features, the Lubritech system made it unique from other chainsaw bars in the market. Lubritec system lets your chainsaw and guide bar keep oiled what, in the long run, results from less friction allowing for longevity.
If you have Oregon 27850, you don’t need to have Oregon rancher to use Oregon bar. You can fit this bar in other brands like Echo, McCulloch, Poulan, and other brands in the market. It is handy as it comes in lightweight.
The combination of chain and bar maximises durability, in the long run, ensuring perfection in each operation.
- 20” guide bar and saw chain made by the world’s leading saw chain manufacturer. Pitch: 3/8", Gauge: .050", chain drive link count: 70.
- This 20-inch tool fits multiple chainsaws even it lets from Echo, McCulloch, Poulan, and other brands.
- Its lubritec system will keep your chain and guide bar oiled for less friction and longer life.
- It is Light-weighted. Therefore, it is adjustable and easy to carry anywhere.
4. Oregon 105671: 20-Inch Chainsaw Bar
With the huge experience in the field of manufacturing cutting tools, Oregon is now recognized as one of the leading companies in the market.
It markets several cutting tools for cleaning gardens or heavy construction or personal mission. Read Full review..
The greatest thing about Oregon 105671 20-Inch Chainsaw Bar is can be replaceable in a wide range of ranchers - not limited – including Stihl 024, 026, 026P, 028, 029, 030, 031, 032, 034, 036, MS 260, MS 270, MS 271, MS 280, MS 290. Thus, it can save your extra Bucks by letting you fit in various ranchers.
It is run by Lubritec system by supplying grease in the right time to keep chain and guide bar oily to offer a long life to your tool by causing less friction.
This 20-Inch Oregon 105671 chainsaw bar is highly applicable for construction work as it is made of heavy metal. So, if you are a professional worker, you can trust it for any heavy works. No matter if you are a conventional worker, it will help you get your work done smartly.
Kickback performance is an important feature to be concerned with if you want to purchase a chainsaw bar. Oregon 105671 is made with this feature. It serves ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standards for low kickback performance. It gives you a better experience.
- Fits several models, including but not limited to the following: Stihl 024, 026, 026P, 028, 029, 030, 031, 032, 034, 036, MS 260, MS 270, MS 271, MS 280, MS 290.
- Lubritec system maintains a sound relationship between the saw chain and the guide bar providing oil lessening friction.
- It meets ANSI standards for ensuring low kickback performance. You’ll have a better experience with it.
- Its bar length is 20” pitch of drive sprocket is .325 motor Mount is D025 and gauge .063 give full utility.
When to Replace a Chainsaw Bar?
For the sake of efficient output of your chainsaw bar, you should take care of it properly. When it needs to get changed and modified, do hurry. Otherwise, it may cause further complications. You have got to know when to do it.
If you see that your cutting tool's bar has consumed marks, this could be because of the way that there isn't sufficient oil in the machine. Another substantial motivation behind why your cutting tool isn't cutting as effectively as it ought to maybe because the chain's teeth are obtuse and require honing.
In any case, if the cutting edge doesn't require honing and you keep up your machine well overall, at that point almost certainly, the cutting toolbar will need supplanting. If you are uncertain whether your bar should be supplanted, see underneath the accompanying checks you can do to check whether your cutting toolbar should be supplanted or not.
How to Use a Chainsaw Bar
Knowing how to navigate a device is the only way to deal with it smartly and effectively. When you purchase a tool, it comes with a guideline for you to be used as per the manufacturer. Using chainsaw has some rules, which are as follows.
Read the guideline thoroughly your chainsaw bar comes with. It elaborately demonstrates the way it should be used what tells you how to take care of it to avoid loss.
Pick a comfortable and light-weighted chainsaw bar. Consider the task you will do with it. If you have not owned a chainsaw bar already, you can borrow or rent it from a shop for an experimental try.
You have certainly determined the saw for your assignment. Now fill the gas tank with the correct fuel/oil mixture. Ensure the correct fuel. Otherwise, it will burn faster than usual.
- Note that there are two filler tops on your saw, close to the throttle handle. The tops might be named, and frequently the bigger top will be for fuel, and the littler for bar grease. Fill the bar lube tank, check the two tops to guarantee that they are firmly introduced, and place the saw on a level surface. This is particularly significant for wrenching huge saws since the cutting edge will begin turning when the saw beginnings and fires up.
- If your model has a groundwork bulb on the carburettor, tap the bulb three or multiple times. If your saw is outfitted with a stifle switch, place it in the gag position. This makes the carburettor suck fuel into the burning chamber more rapidly. Connect with the chain brake. Change the saw to "on," this will either be a flip, rocker, or plunger type switch, contingent upon the model. Draw the starter rope forcefully, until the motor "fires." If the motor flames yet don’t begin, push the stifle in midway and attempt once more. As a rule, in an all-around tuned saw, it will take close to 4 or 5 dismantle to get the saw running.
- When your saw is running out of gear, the sharp edge ought not to connect with and turn. Align the edge with the slice you are going to make, withdraw the chain brake, press the throttle completely open, and lay the edge against the wood. Keep the saw running max speed all through the cut, dialling the throttle down just as you are going to leave the cut on the opposite side of the log.
- Prepare for a coupling circumstance. Have a sled mallet and wedge, a spitting hammer, or possibly a hatchet and wood wedge if the appendage you are cutting wedges your bar and you can't free it.
- When you have finished your cutting activity, let your saw get cold. Frequently it is a smart thought to deplete out the fuel and oil before putting away since these may hole out and are combustible materials. The motor can be run one final time to exhaust the carburettor after you channel the fuel tank, this will shield the rest of the fuel from gumming up the fuel framework over long haul stockpiling.
- Keep the chainsaw bar and chain shrouded when not being used. A case is the best one, however on the off chance that you don't have one, purchase a "bear spread."
Safety Tips When Using a Chainsaw
No matter what your profession is you should always be serious about your safety. When it comes to using a chainsaw, you need to be more careful. Here are some important safety tips for you. Please try to follow them while you work.
- In weather with strong winds and gusts, avoid using the chainsaw if you are alone, sometime you might need help. Using chainsaw in state of tiredness or influenced by drugs or alcohol would be dangerous.
- Some chainsaws are heavyweight. In that case, you should engage both of your hands to control it. Moreover, to keep a balance over the line, using two hands is the safest way to handle it.
- Take safety measures before you get engaged with the chainsaw. Do wear the necessary protective clothing/gears, no matter how you look like. It can be steel top cap boots, a hard hat, eye, and ear protection, put on gloves and chainsaw safety trousers or chaps.
- Never cut with the chainsaw’s kickback zone or let it come into contact with anything while the chain is moving.
- Check the chain tension before each use and do tighten if necessary. The chain will loosen and can cause serious injury if it comes off during use. Note: new chains should be checked again after 20 minutes of use as they tend to stretch quickly at first. Check older chains again after an hour of use.
- Use the chain brake whenever you are not cutting.
- When you travel a short distance of the chainsaw, catch it by the front handle with your left hand only to prevent accidental acceleration. Switch off the engine by going more than 10 ft with the chainsaw in hand.
- Do not cut until you have fully considered what-ifs, e.g., when you fell a tree, consider the different directions it might fall in and make sure all possible results are secure.
- Until starting the engine, move at least 10 ft from where you applied fuel to your chainsaw.
- Use the chainsaw only when it is in good condition with all intact safety features and a straight cord.
Frequently Ask Question about Chainsaw Bar
Here are some of the basic questions regarding best chainsaw bars, in general, people ask experts. We tried to answer them the way everyone understands.
When a chainsaw chain is worn out, how do you tell?
Ans. Although the chain lubrication is in order and the chain tension is right, smoke grows up. The chainsaw is going in one direction, resulting in a crooked cut. This is a sign on one side of the chain of dull cutting teeth or irregular cutting lengths of teeth. While slicing, the chainsaw "rattles" and "bounces."
How many times can a chainsaw chain be sharpened?
Ans. This question is not answered properly. That depends on what you cut, to be honest. You might have learned the chainsaw is built so that only clean and strong timber can be cut. But you can sharpen your chainsaw chain in good condition for 3 to 5 times on average.
Is it OK to use a wet wood chainsaw?
Ans. Cutting wet wood with a chainsaw is not a concern at all. There will be no difference in the extra moisture on the wood. The saw is going to run the same as normal. Just be careful when cutting in wet slippery conditions because when driving the chainsaw, you'll be more likely to lose your footing.
When is a chainsaw expected to be replaced?
Ans. If the chain reduces when the saw is turned on, turn it off immediately, and remove the thread. The sag is a sign of harm to the chain links, and the whole chain could fall off. Some manuals say that after each use, you refill and sharpen the chainsaw's teeth.
How tight should a chainsaw chain be?
Ans. The chain tension of the chainsaw must often be tested and tightened. A correctly tensioned chainsaw chain on the chainsaw guide bar should still be a little loose, but the chain needs to be tight enough to stop you from pulling the drive links out of the bar nose.
Are there universal chainsaw bars?
Ans. Many of the bars can work on a few chainsaws, but it's not universal. You need to make sure you can match the chainsaw bar you want to buy on your chainsaw. The bars of the chainsaw comes in various sizes. When cutting thick logs of wood and other heavy-duty uses, the longer bars are used.
How to calculate the blade of a chainsaw?
Ans. Measure the distance from the tip of the chainsaw bar to the point where the bar emerges first from the casing of the saw. A tape measure would give the data if the figure were irregular or fractional, round the calculation to the nearest even number. The effect is the calculation of the counter.
This piece of buying guide aims to help you find the exact chainsaw bar you are looking for.
All the chainsaw bars we reviewed here are trusted, and the leading manufacturers produce highly-talked ones as well. This buying guide would make it easier to pick the best chainsaw bar if you decide to own any.
Each chainsaw has some distinct features that give you the full utility you need. Have another look at the reviews if needed and decide what to do. Best of luck!