If you look around, you will be amazed at how plastic products play a big role in our daily life.
From your child’s toy, the container where you carry your snack or lunch, to the stirrer from your favorite café.
It’s not only the little things in life that are made from plastic. When you visit your GP next time, notice how the covers of a syringe are made of plastic. Even sewing machines are made of plastic. Without this light but sturdy material, we would be quite lost and things would be pretty expensive.
The process of plastic welding involves a few steps. There are also certain rules about the types of plastic that can be welded for optimum results. Learning the ropes might sound a bit daunting. But with the right welder, you can also fix little things around the house.
Multiple brands of plastic welders abound the market. But how would you know which is the best plastic welder from the many options? To solve your conundrum, we are here to give you the most useful insights about this product.
Read on and find out more!
- What Is A Plastic Welder And Why Do You Need It
- View Top 9 Plastic Welder Review, Below-
- 1. Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welding Pro Kit
- 2. Leister Triac ST 141.288 Hand Held Plastic Welder
- 3. Gino Development 01-0143 Plastic Welding Kit
- 4. Go2Home 1600W Plastic Welder Kit
- 5. Beyondlife 1600W Plastic Welder Welding Tool
- 6. Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld
- 7. Beyondlife Plastic Hot Air Welder Heating Gun
- 8. Master Appliance ProHeat Series Plastic Welding Kit
- 9. Go2Home 1080W Split Hot Air Gas Plastic Welder
- Buying guide for Plastic Welder
- Final thought
What Is A Plastic Welder And Why Do You Need It
Simply put, a plastic welder is a tool that helps you attach pieces of melted plastic together to make a strong molecular bond. This process can mend broken plastic products. Through welding, many essential materials like artificial joints and industrial products are manufactured.
Although plastic parts can be joined through glues and mechanical fasteners, there are a few advantages of plastic welding.
Unlike adhesives that use consumables, plastic welding doesn’t need their use. This saves you from unnecessary wastage.
The mess that arises through the use of adhesives can be avoided by plastic welding.
With plastic welding, there is no need to spend time prepping the surface. You can thus save time through this process. In the case of adhesives, you need to prepare the surface to receive it properly.
Permanency is key to a long-lasting bond. Whereas plastic welding results in a permanent bond, this may not be so with fasteners and glues.
Adding metal fasteners increases the weight of the product. However, plastic welding keeps the product lightweight.
If you want to get 100% airtight and leakproof results, plastic welding will give you more advantages than other options. Metal fasteners and adhesives cannot ensure there won’t be any leaks.
View Top 9 Plastic Welder Review, Below-
1. Bondic LED UV Liquid Plastic Welding Pro Kit
A multipurpose solution for all your fixing needs, this product is truly one of a kind.
Activate the solvent-free formula by pressing the button that turns on the UV light. When the liquid comes in contact with the heat from the UV light, it hardens to form a permanent bond.
The adhesive needs to be cured fully so that the bond is 100% waterproof and heat-resistant.
Since it dries clear, you can put a coat of paint or even sand down the surface.
Its non-toxic formula makes it a safe one to be used at home or in the office. This product is not a glue and therefore, it won’t dry up in its container. It retains its liquid form until hardened by the UV light.
Besides plastic, you can use this to create everlasting bonds on a variety of materials. Try it on ceramic, rubber, steel, vinyl, metal, leather, wood, wiring, and any other material you can think of!
The package includes everything to help you get started on a permanent bonding job. There is the LED UV light, applicator, two 4-gram tubes of adhesive, a microfiber cloth measuring 15-inch by 15-inch to clean up any mess, plus a metal carry case.
- A liquid adhesive that hardens when exposed to UV light.
- Non-toxic, safe, non-solvent formula.
- It does not solidify in the container.
- Applicable to plastic, wood, ceramics, metal, etc.
- Dries clear and is waterproof and heat-resistant.
2. Leister Triac ST 141.288 Hand Held Plastic Welder
A tool that you invest in should be handy and have a multi-purpose nature.
This plastic welder can be used by both beginners and advanced users for a professional job of welding plastics. Adhering to the industry standards, this tool is operated by hot air.
With its lightweight, it is a handy and useful product that every household should have. You can adjust the temperature of the air from 100 degrees Fahrenheit to 1290 degrees Fahrenheit or 40 degrees Celsius to 700 degrees Celsius.
Although small in size, don’t let its dimensions deceive you into thinking it’s not a powerful machine. The handle has been designed ergonomically to give you the ultimate comfort when you’re focused on welding plastic pieces together.
Everyone knows about the quality of Swiss products, so no wonder this product doesn’t disappoint its users. With its 40-millimeter nozzle, you can easily do most of the plastic welding jobs easily. The tool also comes with a carrying case, making it portable and easy to store.
It has a strong reputation among professionals regarding its versatility and reliability. Besides welding thermoplastics and bitumen plates, you can use this tool to thaw frozen water pipes, light a fire on paper, straw, wood chips, or coal in a furnace.
- Small, handy, powerful, and lightweight for convenient use.
- Total satisfaction guaranteed by Swiss quality.
- Includes a 40-millimeter nozzle and carrying bag.
- Heats air from 100 degrees Fahrenheit to 1290 degrees Fahrenheit.
- More utility through its multipurpose feature.
3. Gino Development 01-0143 Plastic Welding Kit
It’s best to strike when the iron is hot and if it heats up really fast, then that’s a dream come true!
With an 80 Wattage, this small but strong plastic welder goes from 0 to a maximum of 525 degrees Fahrenheit before you can blink once! It works wonders on all the major types of plastic, including the type used most commonly on car bumpers.
Along with the iron, you will get a welding rod with which you can do other types of work besides welding. That makes it a versatile tool. In the package, you will also get a wire brush and steel wire mesh. The mesh makes the bond stronger and therefore, more durable.
Now don’t put too much pressure when you start to use this product. It might bend the tip of the welder. First, heat it up for 5 to 10 minutes. Then put the pressure gently to melt the plastic. However, if the tip does bend, you can fix it by heating it up and pushing it down in the other direction.
This product is good for beginners and for those who want to do small repairs of everyday plastic objects around the home.
- 80-wattage tool that heats up quickly.
- Maximum temperature of 525 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Works on major plastic types.
- Includes a welding rod, a wire brush, and steel wire mesh for strong bonds.
- Suitable for minor plastic product repairs.
4. Go2Home 1600W Plastic Welder Kit
Are you ready to move from a home DIYer into a more serious plastic welding business? Well, here’s your chance to prove your plastic welding wizardry.
This is a hot air gun type of welder. It comes with a temperature reading mechanism to help you adjust and control the heat. The temperature varies between 30 to 700 degrees Celsius, making it suitable for meeting a host of different plastic bonding needs.
Its grooved design makes it easier to work with and also speeds up the process, saving you time. It also gives you more control over your work. The U-shaped blade gives you more flexibility so that you can use this tool for various welding jobs.
Nobody likes a piercing sound when working with welders. The good news is that you will have none of the unpleasant sound or vibration when you work with this.
To ensure complete safety throughout the plastic welding process, there is a special protection system for the heating part. Also, the hot protection tube adds to the safety feature. You will have both more comfort and safety with this product. And, of course, a professional-quality finish.
The package includes a sturdy and convenient carry case. Also included are a flooring kit, a welding tool, and a welding gun.
- Temperature reader for more control and convenience.
- Temperature range between 30 and 700 degrees Celsius.
- Grooved design for more control and speed.
- Sound- and vibration-free operation.
- Safety features included.
5. Beyondlife 1600W Plastic Welder Welding Tool
As the name suggests, this is one tool that will last beyond life itself!
Packed with a 1600-wattage power, you can’t go wrong with this tool. It can fix your vinyl flooring, kayaks, car bumpers, water tanks, and all sorts of plastic welding jobs – big or small.
Weighing less than 3 pounds, it’s lightweight and easily portable. Thanks to the robust carry case that comes with the machine for convenient storage and transportation.
The product meets the professional standards of being lightweight, compact, and durable. The heat gun releases a rush of hot air to melt and mold the plastic. Along with the filler rod, this makes for a professional and the best cheap plastic welder.
The compact design makes this tool a handy and easily accessible one.
Its versatility is amazing as it has the ability to adjust both the temperature and the consistency of the hot airflow. These allow it to work on different types of plastic with ease. Thus, you get great value for money when you use this product.
Accessories include a spare heating core, three types of nozzle – round, pencil tip, and triangle – flooring kit, pressure silicone roller, and a few plastic rods.
- 1600-wattage, compact, and lightweight.
- Suitable for vinyl flooring, kayaks, car bumpers, water tanks.
- Lightweight at less than 3 pounds.
- Sturdy case for easy portability and storage.
- Includes three types of nozzles for different welding jobs.
6. Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld
If you like tinkering around with your fleet of cars and do most repairs on them yourself, then this product is for you.
Using no air, this plastic welder is a notch up above others in terms of technological prowess. To make you more mobile, you can take the enclosed temperature control out of the box. With a clip for attaching to your belt, you can enjoy more freedom and less carrying hassle.
This powerful welding tool works great on plastics with a high melting point. Therefore, you will have no trouble working on products like nylon radiator tanks. Its 200-wattage power can quickly heat up the welding tool because the core is made from ceramic.
It’s the best plastic welding kit that comes in a full form. There are eight different types of welding rods included in the kit so that you can match most of the plastic types used in automobiles. To use these different rods, you get two different welder tips. These are not only versatile but easy to install.
The package includes an instructional video to get you started. The welding rod has been designed to fit universal specifications. Therefore, you can handle even difficult or rare types of plastic.
- Suitable for all types of plastic, especially automotive ones.
- 200-wattage with ceramic core for fast heating.
- Eight different welding rods for versatility.
- Easy-to-use welder tips.
- Attachable clip and removable temperature control for mobility.
7. Beyondlife Plastic Hot Air Welder Heating Gun
Fixing a cracked tractor hood can be easy peasy with this plastic welder!
With various adjustable temperatures, this tool works wonders on a variety of plastic materials. Thus, its versatility can be leveraged to the maximum if you have various plastic welding jobs awaiting you.
Easily address issues on your vinyl flooring, tarpaulins, car bumpers, kayaks, swimming pool lining, water tanks, and all.
Although it weighs only 3 pounds, you’ll be surprised at its powerful welding traits. The compact design makes it handy. Together with the weight, the machine is an easily portable one. Store it in your toolshed or stash away in your truck to keep it easily accessible.
The plastic filler rod and the welding tool make the whole ensemble meet the professional standards. Plus, with its sturdy build, you are sure to have a durable machine to help you fix all the chipped plastic bits. The air blown through the tool is hot and quickly heats up the plastic substrate.
Besides the temperature, you can also adjust the power of the hot air. This gives you more control over your welding job.
The package includes four types of nozzles, an extra heating core, plastic rods, pressure roller, and an instructional guide.
- Lightweight at 3 pounds for easy portability.
- Adjustable temperature and power for more control.
- Suitable for a wide variety of plastics.
- Includes four nozzles, extra heating core, roller, manual, plastic rods.
- Compact and handy design for ease of operation.
8. Master Appliance ProHeat Series Plastic Welding Kit
When the name of the game is precision and professionalism, this plastic welder rises to the occasion.
It has a digital display of temperature, which makes the welding project on plastics easier to control. Adjust the temperature between 130 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. You can even set the temperature with bump-ups of ten degrees.
Besides the temperature, you can also control the airflow for a perfect welding finish. Since the temperature control is done electronically, it remains steady even though you may increase or decrease the airflow.
If you’re a seasoned plastic welder, you will be satisfied with the comfort of using this tool seamlessly with specialty attachments. What’s more, with its magnetic key locks, you can be assured of consistency for a string of projects.
The package includes five most commonly used attachments. This gives you the flexibility to work on different welding jobs that require varying degrees of pressure and heat. Therefore, you can choose from the pendulum, speed or tack welding.
Paying attention to details, the 3-wire grounded cord set of this welding machine is 6 feet long. Covered in a rubber jacket, the flexible cord is resistant to oil and sunlight.
The maximum temperature you can get is 1000 degrees Fahrenheit or 540 degrees Celsius. A wattage of 1300 makes it a very powerful welder.
- Digital display of temperature and airflow.
- Maximum temperature of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Powerful at 1300 wattage.
- Cord set is 3-wire grounded and 6 feet long.
- The package includes specialty attachments.
9. Go2Home 1080W Split Hot Air Gas Plastic Welder
From odd plastic welding jobs at home to industrial work, you can depend on this machine.
With a split design for more convenience, use it with more flexibility and ease. The handy and compact features of this product make it enjoyable to use.
The hot air torch gun is high-quality and durable. With its ability to heat up the air fast, the solid plastic turns quickly into a molten pool. This facilitates the speed and efficiency, features that can influence the strength of the resulting bond.
For a wide variety of plastics, the welder has adjustable temperature settings. Choose from a setting of 9 temperature options for precision. With a range of temperatures between 40 and 550 degrees Celsius, select the heat that perfectly suits the kind of plastic you are working on.
It’s the best plastic welder for the money in terms of both functionality and features. The entire kit weighs an unbelievable 1.2 kilograms so that you can carry it around easily. A 1080-wattage makes it a powerful welding tool for plastics.
In the package, you will get a spare heating element, a welder gun, and a pipe.
- Suitable for both home and industrial jobs.
- Powerful with 1080-wattage.
- Light at only 1.2 kilograms for portability.
- 9 temperature settings for more control.
- Melts the plastic quickly.
Buying guide for Plastic Welder
When it comes to welding plastic, it is important to have the right equipment. A good plastic welder can make all the difference in the quality and strength of your welds. Here are some things to consider when shopping for the best plastic welder:
- Type of plastic: Different types of plastic require different welding techniques and equipment. Make sure the welder you choose is suitable for the specific type of plastic you will be working with.
- Welding process: There are several different welding processes that can be used to join plastic, including hot gas welding, hot plate welding, and ultrasonic welding. Consider which process is most suitable for your needs and choose a welder that is capable of performing it.
- Power source: Plastic welders can be powered by electricity, gas, or batteries. Consider the pros and cons of each type of power source and choose the one that is most convenient and practical for your needs.
- Size and weight: If you will be using the welder in a variety of locations, consider the size and weight of the unit. A compact and lightweight welder is easier to transport and use in tight spaces.
- Price: Plastic welders can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Determine your budget and look for a welder that offers good value for money.
- Brand reputation: Do some research on the different brands available and read customer reviews to get a sense of the quality and reliability of their products.
- Accessories and additional features: Some plastic welders come with additional accessories, such as welding rods or carrying cases, which can be useful for certain projects. Consider any additional features that might be helpful for your needs.
After going through various plastic welder reviews, the upshot is that you need to consider a few things before you buy one of these tools for welding plastic. The following are the main factors to ponder upon.
The power or wattage of the plastic welder will determine the amount of heat it can give out. It also has a direct relation to the ease with which the plastic can be melted. A higher power indicates the hotter flow of air and thus, easier use.
Keep in mind that the airflow must be consistent to give the sturdiest results. It’s not sufficient for the welding machine to use a high power only. It needs to deliver on the consistency of the airflow as well.
You need to have the right temperature for the plastic to be melted and shaped. Having a digital dial for controlling the temperature will give you more control over the job. Even a meter will do to show you the temperature so that you can control it to your needs.
You must decide the purpose for which you need plastic welding. Depending on the job’s complexity, you will need to select one of the best plastic welders. There are basically three types of these tools, each meant for a specific type of welding operation.
For small jobs that require precision, choose a contact welder. This type of welder does not necessarily use air for melting the plastic.
If your priority is getting durable and strong bonds, go for a heat gun. This kind of plastic welder emits strong blasts of hot air. The impact of the air melts the plastic, helping to join the parts and give a specific form to the product.
You probably won’t need to use the third type of plastic welders that are used on an industrial scale. These are operated by high-frequency ultrasonic waves to apply heat.
For a professional job, high power and heat settings that can be adjusted are important to have. But if you’re a DIYer, you can choose either a heat gun or a contract welder.
Different welding jobs need different sizes of nozzles. Before you buy a plastic welder, check if the nozzles are provided in the kit and their sizes. You should be aware of the ease of use of these nozzles before you make the purchase.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best plastic welder for your specific needs and budget.
If you’re a hobbyist or just like to fix things around your home, then a plastic welder ought to be a part of your toolkit. There are so many things in your house that are made of plastic and just one broken corner can render it unusable.
Instead of throwing away due to minor faults, you can fix plastic goods and use them again. All you need is a reliable tool to melt and re-shape your plastic. You will not only save your money by doing so but also the environment.
For your convenience and ease of making a purchase decision, hope you have gone through the list of the best plastic welders in this article. Depending on the type of welding you want to do, pick the one that’s right for you.
Here’s hoping that your hobby or your knack of fixing plastic products will be a pleasure!
I started this blog to provide an advanced guide and information to the people to choose the best product. Writing over every part of the tools. I try to cover every type of tool to review and information.